Prayer Feathers are beautiful blessings.
They honor the spirit of the bird who created each feather. They have a spirit of their own, which they contribute when they become a ceremonial instrument.
The Prayer Feather Ceremony originated with the Lakota Tribe and was adopted by many Native American Tribes.
The legend is to take your Prayer Feather in hand and whisper your prayers, energy and needs into the feather …… filling your feather with your prayers and energy.
Before whispering your prayers into your feather you can say:
MI TAKAYE OYACIN (Mee-tah-koo-yay Oy-yah-seen) – meaning we are all of one blood.
Some people take their Prayer Feathers and tie them to a tree or branch outside the home where Brother Wind could touch it. Each time Brother Wind moves, your feather moves with the wind and your prayers, dreams and hopes are carried with Brother Wind to the Great Spirit. It was also said that the Prayer Feathers reaches out to others. Whenever anyone sees it blowing, his or her hopes and dreams are carried to the Great Spirit.
It is said if you hang your Prayer Feather at the entrance of your home it allows good and positive to enter and exit with each person.
Prayer Feathers are also used in smudging ceremonies to direct the smoke. Smudging is a traditional Native American method of burning sacred herbs to produce a smoke cloud, which is used in various cleansing and purification or prayer ceremonies. As the smoke raises it is believed that prayers would also rise to the Spirit World and negative thoughts and emotions are lifted away. The smoke is fanned with your Prayer Feather in the six directions, East, West, North, South, Earth and Sky.
- is a stone of protection.
- It absorbs negative energies, picking them up from the atmosphere and from the body.
- It should be cleansed before and after use by placing it on a quartz cluster in the sun.
- This stone clears and activates the chakras and attunes to spiritual guidance.
- It strengthens the ability to absorb and process information, helps to make you more observant, and helps in understanding difficult concepts or situations.
- Placed on the third eye, it activates psychic vision.
- On the heart, it brings balance, harmony and helps to open the heart chakra to unconditional love.
- Malachite helps to encourage dreaming and attunes the wearer of the stone to spiritual awareness.
- Chakra Centre – Third Eye, Heart, Throat & Solar Plexus.
- Focus – Healing, Protection & Transformation.
- Archangel – Raphael
Gold Tiger’s Eye
- aids in paying attention to detail, warding against complacency.
- It helps to assist in taking action from a place of reason rather than emotion.
- Gold Tiger’s Eye is an excellent companion for tests and important meetings.
- Tiger’s Eye combines the earth energy with the energies of the sun to create a high vibrational state that is grounded, drawing the spiritual energies to earth.
- Helps to balance the lower chakras.
- This stone is useful for recognizing both your needs and those of other people.
- It differentiates between wishful thinking about what you want and what you really need. Emotionally, Tiger’s Eye balances yin-yang and energizes the emotional body.
- It helps alleviate depression and lifts moods. A stone of transformation,
- is a useful companion through change, imparting strength and perseverance.
- It balances and protects the aura, raises consciousness and grounds spiritual energies.
- Excellent for strengthening intuition-promoting psychic abilities.
- Powerful in revealing the truth behind illusions,.
- Labradorite banishes fears and insecurities, and strengthens faith in the self and trust in the universe.
- It stimulates the imagination and calms an overactive mind, developing enthusiasm and new ideas.
- to assist in helping people
- To open up to love in all its forms.
- It allows you to achieve peace and calmness when dealing with your own emotions.
- Rose Quartz preserves the home and family and brings peace of mind and understanding to the owner of the stone.
- Chakra Centre – Heart.
- Focus – Compassion, Unconditional Love and Peace.
- Archangel – Ariel.
Pelee Island, the southern most inhabited point in Canada has a native history dating back over ten thousand years. I gathered many of the feathers you have chosen today from the nesting and habitant areas on the island. The healing light of the Reiki energy has been sent to the feathers after they had been cleaned, sanitizied and smudged.
CHICKEN – Cocksaddle Hackles: guardian, knowledge, teacher, understanding, fertility, sexuality, creativity, mental clarity, knowledge.
CROW: magic, creation, spiritual strength, council, intuitive knowledge. Swift, insightful, and focused
DUCK: emotional comfort and protection, female-mothering energy.
GOOSE: call of the quest, travels to legendary places, search new dimensions, safe return, love of home.
GUINEA FOWL: protection, warning, spiritual watch and protector.
PEACOCK: purity, beauty, power, self-confidence, Shamanistic healing energy, wisdom.
ROOSTER & ROOSTER CHINCHILLA FEATHERS: guardian, protector, insights, confidence, enlightenment, insight of past, honesty.
TURKEY: symbolism of blessings, pride, abundance, awareness, virility, protection.
TURKEY VULTURE: hope, death and rebirth, patience, perceptive, renewal, equalizing, vision.